The hamlet of Bigogno, which is part of Agra, 550 m above sea level, is a sunny and quite place surrounded by meadows and forests with beautiful scenic hiking trails only 5 km from the Lugano center.
- Nowadays politically part of Collina d’Oro, Bigogno is first mentioned in 1270 in an inventory of the lands of the monastery of S. Abbondio in Como. The Chapel of S. Assunta in Bigogno, located a few meters from Grotto Flora’s B&B main entrance was completed before 1609. In addition to agriculture, the village was once famous for training and sending artisans to Russia along with other European nations.
- In the adjacent village of Montagnola lies the Hermann Hesse museum which is a place of encounter for visitors from all over the world. Along the route called “On Herman Hesse’s Footsteps”, one can admire the unique landscape of the Golden Hill.
- For those liking water sports, nothing better than plunging in Lugano’s lake or in the lakeside public swimming pools of Lugano, Bissone and Carona.
- Our location is also a very good starting point for trips to the nerby italian cities such as Como, Varese, Milan, Verona and Turin.
- Or take a visit to the suggestive markets of Ponte Tresa, Luino and Como.
- Bigogno d’Agra is served by a regular Bus service from and to Lugano.